So I have done tag videos before, but this is my first blog tag. I thought it would be fun to give you all some inside information about me. You know I LOVE music, and I dig makeup and natural hair. But what do you really know about me? 😉 Thanks to my fellow blogger and new sistafriend Etoile of The Curvealicious Chronicles (www.curvealicious.blogspot.com) for asking me to share 11 random things about me and answer 11 questions she has asked about me. In turn, I will ask for 11 random things and ask 11 new tag questions for my fellow bloggers. Feel free to jump in the tag if you like…we like to get to know our readers too! It’s all in good fun, so enjoy!
11 Random Things About Calandra…
- I bought myself an acoustic guitar for Christmas…his name is Montgomery, as in Wes Montgomery, the great jazz guitarist.
- I like to cook vicariously through the Food Network (although I am also a pretty good cook!).
- I was very shy as a child…up until the end of High School. Yes, I know that’s a hard one for many to believe!
- I have two beautiful children, Isidoa III (age 5) and Yvette René (three weeks from turning 4, but going on 40!).
- I wanted to be a pediatrician when I was growing up.
- I live with my husband and 2 children in the same house where I grew up.
- I’m now business partners with my best friend of 25+ years.
- I’m allergic to cats.
- All my life I’ve felt like a Southern girl trapped in a Northern girl’s body.
- My favorite shoes to wear are pointy-toed stilettos. CLASSIC!
- My husband, brother-in-law, father-in-law, Grandfather, Great Uncle and many of my cousins are all Methodist ministers. Hoping that helps my chances of seeing Heaven! (lol)
My Questions From Etoile…
1. What is your nickname? Cee, but people rarely call me that.
2. Do you have any hobbies? Learning how to play my new guitar.
3. What is your favorite type of cuisine? American – seafood.
4. What are you passionate about? Being a good mother.
5. What is your favorite holiday of the year? Christmas.
6. What sport did you play in High School? And if you did not play for a team what gym activity did you most enjoy? I played a pretty mean game of volleyball, but not on a team.
7. What is the one place you most want to travel to? Africa.
8. What’s on your bucket list? If I told you, I’d have to kill you…just sayin’…
9. Is your morning disposition sunny & bright Or Don’t even look at me? Somewhere in between.
10. This year I would like to…? Really master playing the guitar.
11. Sweet Potato or White Potato? Sweet potato!
For those who I tag, or those who want to participate…here are 11 questions for you…(If you don’t have a blog, just post answers in the Comments section below)
- If you could magically give up any vice overnight, what would it be?
- Which are more meaningful, hugs or kisses?
- Dog-lover or cat-lover?
- What theme music plays in your head when you enter a room?
- Who would you most want to spend a day with (living or dead)?
- Contemporary or classic music?
- What book/song title best describes your life?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What helps you relax after a long day?
- If Oprah gave you half her money to do something good for someone else, how would you spend it?
- What is your best quality?
Post these rules on your blog
You must post 11 random things about yourself.
Answer the questions set for you in their post.
Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
- Etoile http://www.curvealicious.blogspot.com
- Tamara http://www.beautythesis.net
- Jasmine http://www.calandrabranch.blogspot.com
- Stephanie http://www.formerlyhot.com
8 thoughts on “Random Neural Firings: All About ME!”
Okay, I don’t have a blog so here go the answers here in the comments:
11 random things about me:
1. I always wished I was a singer.
2. My favorite color is a deep red
3. Although it is hard for some to understand given my upbringing, my heart and soul belong to Cuba and Spain and always have since the day I was conceived.
4. My biological father named me Bárbara, after Santa Bárbara knowing that we may be separated for a long time and hoping if I had this name, he’d be able to find me again – and well, that sorta happened. I found him.
5. I love to travel
6. People who follow their heart and their dreams always make me cry with joy!
7. I am THE BIGGEST sap I know and many don’t realize that about me
8. I have never understood more deeply than I do now, that beauty really and honestly DOES come from within. I am a firm believer that if you are a yucky person, in spite of whatever outer beauty you may have and in spite of whatever talent you may have been given…you will never achieve what you could have, what you should have, you will never reach your full potential if the inside is untended to and ugly.
9. I am a proud and happy Catholic to the core because I find that is the way that best helps get me closer and closer to the Lord and become a better and better person…to tend to my own “ugly.”
10. I love octopus either the Greek, Spanish, Cuban or Puerto Rican way! YUM!
11. I have wanted to move out of NYC for the better part of 15 years but somehow, for one reason or another, I have not yet been able to find the trap door! HELP! LOL!
Here are the answers to the 11 questions you posed:
1. If you could magically give up any vice overnight, what would it be? Emotional eating
2. Which are more meaningful, hugs or kisses? Hugs!
3. Dog-lover or cat-lover? DOGS!!!!!!!
4. What theme music plays in your head when you enter a room? No idea,,,,but, I would like for the Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong version of Dream a Little Dream to be played at my funeral because that is how I’d like to be remembered
5. Who would you most want to spend a day with (living or dead)? James Bladwin
6. Contemporary or classic music? Well, geee…I think the lines are blurred as to what we are calling contemporary and classical these days…but, if I have to be tied down to just one…I will say Classical since my absolute favorite music is Spanish Classical guitar.
7. What book/song title best describes your life? Oh gosh, my first reaction was to say, Monkey in the Middle…since I do love humor and I can be funny a lot of the time, but…my “real” answer will be Chaka Khan’s Through the Fire
8. What was your favorite subject in school? English
9. What helps you relax after a long day? a massage
10. If Oprah gave you half her money to do something good for someone else, how would you spend it? Opening a retreat/spa/treatment center for sexually abused people where they could live, receive treatment, relax, be safe, and try to heal.
11. What is your best quality? Compassion
Gee…am I supposed to give another 11 questions?
1. Bread and cheese or candy and cake?
2. Who was your childhood hero?
3. Who is your adult hero?
4. Favorite place in the city you live?
5. First song/group you remember loving?
6. Your biggest weakness/shortcoming
7. If money was no object, what is something you wish you could do?
8. Who have you loved the absolute deepest thus far in your life?
9. A pet peeve of yours?
10. You would fill in the blank with which word “It is most wise in life to use a hefty dose of ________!” (Passion or Practicality)
11. Finish this sentence: “You would be lying if you said that you ___________.”
If someone does see and answer these questions, I am assuming that Calandra would request you to post your answers here in the comments also since I do not have a blog. However, if not, and she would prefer, you can also e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you and have a beautiful day!!!
Very nice Bárbara. I think we were twins separated at birth!! I’m gonna come back and answer your questions myself in another blog post!
LOL! Awesome!!!! I look forward to it!
My dear friend Bárbara answered my tag blog and added the following questions, which I am answering here…
1. Bread and cheese or candy and cake? Cheese and cake! HA (ok, ok…bread and cheese)
2. Who was your childhood hero? My father.
3. Who is your adult hero? My father.
4. Favorite place in the city you live? Any place with a scenic view…
5. First song/group you remember loving? The Jackson 5
6. Your biggest weakness/shortcoming – I’m EXTREMELY hard on myself!
7. If money was no object, what is something you wish you could do? Be bill-free forever!
8. Who have you loved the absolute deepest thus far in your life? My children
9. A pet peeve of yours? People who go out of their way to do harm to others.
10. You would fill in the blank with which word “It is most wise in life to use a hefty dose of ________!” (Passion or Practicality) – WOW, another tough one…I’d have to say passion…you can develop practicality to feed your passion, but you can’t always turn practicality into a passion.
11. Finish this sentence: “You would be lying if you said that you ___________.” “…never told a lie!” HA HA
Awesome! I really enjoyed reading this – your original post and the answers here alike! Cheers, my friend! I appreciate your answering twice!
Here you are love!
1.If you could magically give up any vice overnight, what would it be? My love of COOKIES!
2.Which are more meaningful, hugs or kisses? Sorry…cannot answer I LOVE to be hugged and kissed.
3.Dog-lover or cat-lover? Dogs all day everyday!
4.What theme music plays in your head when you enter a room? “I’m Every Woman”…that is TRULY me!
5.Who would you most want to spend a day with (living or dead)? Living Michelle Obama and dead Madame CJ Walker…I am after all known as the ‘hair girl’…her story and what she built….soooinspirational!
6.Contemporary or classic music? Classic Jazz.
7.What book/song title best describes your life? Conversations with God…I make time for him EVERY day.
8.What was your favorite subject in school? English.
9.What helps you relax after a long day? LONG hot shower!
10.If Oprah gave you half her money to do something good for someone else, how would you spend it? Clothing, feeding and housing our homeless.
11.What is your best quality? My kind, sweet, sensitive heart.
Thank you for playing along Michelle…and thanks for the original invitation! That was fun!!
Pingback: Tag…You’re It! « This and That With Calandra