I remember when these “all about you” questionnaires would circulate via email. My how times have changed…now they’re circulating through blogs! Either way I love doing these things because they’re procrastination at it’s best. Thanks to Calandra, my cousin & co-editor of this blog, for asking me to share 11 random things about me and answer 11 questions she has asked about me. Even though we’re cousins I learned something new about her(and confirmed how similar we are–must be the genes!) so maybe she’ll learn some new things about me.
11 Random Things About Jasmine…
- My husband and I met in college and dated for 10 years before we got married. By then it was just a formality…
- I used to write short stories in high school. While in college I was offered a chance to publish but didn’t do it.
- I played the flute in elementary through high school.
- I’ve only seen two opera performances but loved them and want to see more.
- I know lines to the movie The Color Purple practically by heart.
- I walked a full marathon with Team in Training in 2003; took me 6 hours.
- I met LL Cool J in 2002 and still carry around the picture I took with him.
- Four generations of my family lived Asheville, NC, which is why I find it funny that the small mountain city has become one of the hottest vacation spots over recent years.
- My dream kitchen would have two ovens and one of those water faucets right over the stove for filling large pots. And Giada DeLaurentis on speed-dial!
- Though I wouldn’t dare do it now, when I was a kid I purposefully mismatched my clothes.
- I majored in Religious Studies in college but had no intention of going to seminary–I just thought to subject was interesting!
My Questions From Calandra…
- If you could magically give up any vice overnight, what would it be? Procrastination…hah!
- Which are more meaningful, hugs or kisses? Hugs
- Dog-lover or cat-lover? Cats–they’re so self-sufficient!
- What theme music plays in your head when you enter a room? Depends on my mood: Ludacris’ “Move B***h” or LMFAO “I’m Sexy & I Know It”
- Who would you most want to spend a day with (living or dead)? My mom
- Contemporary or classic music? Classic for sure!
- What book/song title best describes your life? Alicia Keys’ Superwoman
- What was your favorite subject in school? Health
- What helps you relax after a long day? Spending time with my family then a nice glass of red wine.
- If Oprah gave you half her money to do something good for someone else, how would you spend it? Go to microlending and donation sites like Kiva.org, Benevolent.net and Donorschoose.org and fulfill every single request. Then start a foundation helping women & girls.
- What is your best quality? I’m eerily calm under pressure, which I think scares people sometimes…