It’s almost Valentine’s Day and for the second year in a row, I am participating in the Cupid’s Hunt Podcast Collaboration. “Cupid’s Hunt is the premiere online collaboration event where DJ and podcasters from all over the Internet release loved-themed music mixes all on the same day: Valentine’s Day!” Check out our Facebook page HERE for details and links to my fellow podcasters’ Cupid’s Hunt selections.
This year, I decided to go with the theme Love Letters. As a lyrics-lover, I wanted to use selections that weren’t just average love songs, or typical slow jams, but tracks that had lyrics that, when separated from the music, actually read as a love letter. So sit back, and enjoy. Thanks to my friends and fellow podcasters Trel ‘Fave’ Robinson, Macedonia, and Doug ‘Fresh’ Ramsay for providing this episode’s station ID drops!
Listen HERE on Mixcloud, or Listen/Download from SoundCloud below.
Tonight’s Playlist (because I am focusing on lyrics, songwriter’s names are in parentheses):
- When I Fall in Love – Nat King Cole (Edward Heyman)
- The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face – Roberta Flack (Ewan MacColl)
- Too Shy to Say – Stevie Wonder (Stevie Wonder)
- If Only You Knew – Patti LaBelle (Dexter Wansel/Cynthia Biggs)
- Poetry Man– Phoebe Snow (Phoebe Snow)
- At Last – Etta James (Mack Gordon/Harry Warren)
- I Love What You Do For Me – Incognito (Jean Paul Maunick/Richard Bull)
- A Song For You – Donny Hathaway (Leon Russell)
- I’m Coming Back – Lalah Hathaway (Gary Taylor)
- Marry Me – AfterSix Productions (Doug Ramsay)
- Here and Now – Luther Vandross (David Elliott/Terry Steele)
4 thoughts on “The Listening Suite – 2015 Cupid’s Hunt Edition: Love Letters”
Reblogged this on The Sight of Sound by Sista Suga and commented:
Nice track list Calandra! Enjoy your Valentine’s Day!
Pingback: Cupid’s Hunt Podcast Collaboration Event: 2015… | Rhythms In Black Satin II
What a great edition of “The Listening Suite”! Man….you included some amazing music!
Thanks so much Jua!!!